Bernal Heights | San Francisco
Charming Home on the North Slope of Bernal Heights
Views abound from this two bedroom plus, one bath home perched atop a charming streetscape on the North Slope of Bernal Heights. A picket fence, lengthy porch and foyer with mud room built-ins welcome you inside. Living spaces are spread across three levels with separated zones for residents to work/school from home efficiently and with privacy. A step down living room with Bay window can accommodate formal entertaining or casual game night. Beyond, a reading nook with built-ins offers a space to unwind, while a large versatile room with wet bar beckons budding mixologists to create delicious spirits for family and friends. The spacious dining room boasts panoramic views of iconic San Francisco including the Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tamalpais, Sales Force tower, Sutro tower, and Transamerica building. Bountiful cabinetry, large breakfast bar, expansive counter space, stainless steel appliances and adjacent dining room will keep family lingering long after mealtime enjoying the space and vistas. A door from dining room leads to a partially covered deck marrying indoor and outdoor living with access to the lower level and backyard. The current private accommodations include one bedroom on the main floor and one on the upper level that features a separate play/bonus area, two closets and dormer roofline. Allow creativity to flow with endless possibilities for the lower level with two additional rooms, laundry, huge storage area and access to the backyard with fruit tree and small area for garden or grass. Completing this home’s appeal is its location. Brief strolls to nearby parks and cafes, near public transportation and twenty minutes to downtown San Francisco.
- Prime views – Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tamalpais and downtown San Francisco skyline
- Coveted North Slope of Bernal Heights Neighborhood
- Two bedrooms, one bath across two levels
- Large lower level is a blank canvas for expansion and personalization- possible family room, extra bedroom, home office or home gym
- Entry foyer includes convenient mud room cubbies and utility hooks
- Expansive, step down living room with newer carpet, wainscot border and a Bay window overlooking front porch and neighborhood
- Adjoining the living room is an inviting reading nook with built in shelves and storage cabinets
- Main level master bedroom with luminous light and chestnut plank hardwood floors
- Ultra-spacious full bathroom features bead board, claw foot tub and shower, dual vanities, huge linen closet and lots of additional storage
- Versatile bonus room adjacent to dining room features handsome hardwood floors with rich inlay and a sizable wet bar with utility sink and bountiful prep space and storage cabinets
- Spacious dining room surrounded by picture windows framing spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Sales Force tower, Sutro tower, Transamerica building and Mt Tam
- Kitchen features breakfast bar, plentiful cabinetry and counterspace, pantry, double sinks stainless steel appliances
- Step outside to a partially covered deck featuring city views, a vertical succulent garden and access to lower level
- Tremendous second bedroom located upstairs with dormer roof lines, windows that frame beautiful vista, two generous closets, play area or bonus space
- Access to the lower level from kitchen and deck and includes laundry and storage room and two versatile rooms separated by sliding barn door that can be transformed into several possibilities…home office, family room, additional bedroom, etc.
- Outside, a deck with picturesque views and a stairwell up to the main level, partially covered deck
- Private, quaint backyard with mature fruit tree, bougainvillea, shrubbery and a small open area for grass or garden
- Fantastic Location – Easy walk to Bernal Heights Park, Precita Park, the Mission and Noe Valley. Close to the 24th Street BART station, 23rd Street CalTrain Station and 5 minutes to the HWY 101/280 interchange. Only 20 minutes to SFO.
$1,230,000 – SOLD during the pandemic